Item checklist for 30,000 mile auto service:
Your first “major” service on your new vehicle will be at the 30K miles mark and will start your vehicle’s service history off the right way. Bring it to GIC Car Clinic and have it done the right way by the experts. We have provided you with a checklist of our inspections and services so you know what to expect when you bring your vehicle to us for its 30K miles maintenance service.
- We will check for wear or damage of your suspension components.
- Inspect ball joints and control arms.
- Inspect shocks, struts, bushings and linkages.
- Check and verify proper operation.
- Inspect steering linkage and tie-rod ends.
- Inspect for leaks.
- Inspect steering gear.
- Replace fuel filter (some vehicles).
- Inspect fuel lines and fuel tank.
- Check, adjust and test for proper operation.
- Inspect pads or shoes, rotors or drums.
- Inspect calipers and hoses.
- Inspect wheel cylinders and axle seals.
- Check parking brake adjustment.
- Test proper ABS system operation.
- Flush brake fluid every 2 years.
- Inspect belts and hoses.
- Check for vacuum leaks and fuel leaks.
- Inspect ignition cables and engine wiring.
- Change engine oil and filter.
- Replace air filter.
- Replace spark plugs on some vehicles as required.
- Inspect drive axles for damage or leaks.
- Check transmission for leaks.
- Service transmission and flush automatic transmission fluid (some vehicles).
- Check for condition and leaks.
- Make sure heat shields are in place.
- Inspect the muffler, exhaust and flex pipes.
- Inspect the exhaust system mounts.
- Check condition and advise the customer.
- Check for uneven wear patterns which could indicate a steering or suspension problem.
- Rotate the tires if necessary.
- Check and inflate tires to manufacturer-recommended specifications.
- Reset tire pressure monitor warning light if applicable.
- Check for loose shields and shrouds.
- Check the operation of seat belts and SRS system.
- Lubricate hinges and door latches.
- Check condition of hoses and belts.
- Check for leaks.
- Flush cooling system every 2 years as required by the manufacturer.
Air Conditioning System:
- Check for proper operation of blowers.
- Check for proper operation of AC and heater.
- Replace cabin air filter if equipped.
Check Computer System:
- Scan computers for trouble codes and check the manufacturer’s database for any recall information.
*Note: Checklist may vary depending on your vehicle make and model. Always consult your owner’s manual for your specific vehicle.
If this list seems long, it’s because it is. We at GIC Car Clinic feel that it’s necessary to be very thorough when it comes to the service maintenance of your vehicle. By doing so, we can help you keep your car on the road longer.