Does your cars air condition not feel quite as cold as it used to? Have you been putting off getting it checked out for fear that it might be something major? Chances are your air conditioning system might just need a simple recharge. Bring it in to GIC Car Clinic in San Jose, California and let one of our professionals inspect it today. You could be taking a cooler, more comfortable drive sooner than you think.
Usually when your car isn’t blowing cold air the way it used to, you may have low refrigerant and need a simple recharge. The A/C system can be damaged if it is allowed to run with low refrigerant for a long period of time. At GIC Car Clinic, our air conditioning system recharge service will make sure that your system runs smoothly and keeps you cooler. Just like any other component or system on your car, the air conditioning system needs regular maintenance to keep it running at its best.
Maintain your car’s A/C performing optimally with our R134a recharge service which includes:
- Visual inspection of the A/C compressor drive belt for any cracks, wearing away or damage.
- Visual inspection of all accessible components for leaks or damage.
- Identify the freon in the system and check for possible cross-contaminations.
- Evacuate the freon from the system.
- Vacuum the air conditioning system to remove moisture and air.
- Inject fluorescent leak detection dye.
- Recharge the air conditioning system with the proper refrigerant and to the proper capacity using the manufacturer’s specifications.
- Visually inspect the system for any obvious large leaks.
- Carefully inspect for leaks using several methods including electronic leak detector, ultraviolet light (black light), and vacuum pump.
- Test the operation of the air conditioning compressor and other air conditioning components.
- Check the low and high side system pressures.
- Finally, check the actual vent temperature for the proper reading.