Here are some helpful hints on how to get better fuel economy out of your vehicle:
- Avoid Idling – When possible turn off your engine instead of sitting idle. For example if you’re picking up kids from school sitting in a long line, if possible shut off your engine. Engines that idle burn more fuel.
- Drive Less – Try and pick one day a week to run errands.
- Accelerate steadily – When you accelerate try to do so at a steady even pace without raising your RPM’s to high. If you can safely accelerate evenly this will increase fuel savings. Using your gas pedal in an even push of the pedal, try and not rev the engine when accelerating when safe to do so.
- Check Tire Pressure – Keeping your tires at the required tire pressure. A low tire creates drag and therefore makes your car’s engine work harder. Check tire pressure at each fill up. Also rotate tires at the regular scheduled time to do so.
- Drive Slower – Drive just 5 MPH below the posted speed signs when possible to safely do so. You will be totally surprised at the fuel savings.
- Lighten up – Remove unneeded cargo from your vehicle. If you’re hauling around cargo in the car that adds weight and requires your engine to work harder.
Those are a few hints that will help you get better fuel economy from your vehicle.
Keeping your cars normal maintenance up will also help your car run better and get better fuel economy.
Changing your oil at regular drain intervals will keep your engine running smoother. The less your engine has to strain to work the more efficient it will run. Clean oil is far and away the best preventative medicine you can give your car.
Air filters, most folks don’t understand that an engine has to breathe to run. If you look at it this way, if your running breathing bad air with dust and so forth being ingested into your body, eventually you’re going to get sick. Same principal applies to your car. Clean air in allows your engine to perform at its peak.
Doing these simple things at the required times will save you money not only at the gas pump, but wear and tear on your vehicle. It’s better to spend a little doing these items than much more to fix problems down the road because you didn’t.
We’re happy to help you maintain your car at its peak performance. Our knowledgeable staff is happy to assist you with tips on how to get the most out of your vehicle.