What do you think of when you hear the words tune-up? To many, it means that it is time for their car’s yearly check-up at their favorite repair shop. But to others, it might seem like just another repair bill that they don’t want or need right now and they put it off. Did you know that having your car properly tuned will actually save you money in the long run? That’s right. By having a tune-up performed on your car, it will run better and will operate at peak performance. The ignition, fuel and emission systems will work together to get better fuel efficiency as well. More performance and better gas mileage, it’s a win/win situation for you and your car.
Many of today’s modern computer controlled cars don’t require a tune-up as often as they used to and even when they do need one, it isn’t as involved a process as it once was. Many cars can go up to 100,000 miles before needing a tune-up. You should check your owner’s manual to see when your car’s maintenance intervals are and also factor in your type of driving. If you are still unsure, bring it to the experts here at GIC Car Clinic in San Jose, California and we can help you decide what your car needs.
A tune-up at GIC Car Clinic involves:
- Inspect and replace spark plugs if needed.
- Inspect and replace distributor cap if your car has one.
- Inspect ignition wires and replace if necessary.
- Inspect air and fuel filters and replace if necessary.
- Inspect PCV valve and replace if necessary.
- Test and service battery.
- Analyze emissions levels.
- Timing/idle speed adjustment (if adjustable)
- Perform a complete maintenance inspection.
Got Questions? Send us an Email