Item checklist for 90,000 mile auto service:
Your vehicle’s 90K miles maintenance service will basically mirror your 30K service but don’t let that fool you into thinking that it isn’t important. You have gone this far in your maintenance routine, why stop now? Keeping up with your car’s scheduled maintenance service will not only make it last longer, but make it more reliable as well.
The professionals at GIC Car Clinic in San Jose, California have made a checklist of things that you can expect when you bring your car to us for its 90K maintenance service interval.
- Inspect ball joints, control arms, bushings and linkages.
- Inspect shocks and struts.
- Inspect for any damage or worn components.
- Check and verify proper operation of the steering system.
- Inspect steering linkage and tie-rod ends.
- Inspect steering components for leaks.
- Inspect steering gear and boots.
- Flush power steering fluid.
- Replace fuel filter if the vehicle is equipped with a replaceable filter.
- Inspect fuel lines, fuel tank and mounting brackets.
- Test for proper operation.
- Inspect pads or shoes, rotors or drums.
- Inspect calipers and hoses.
- Inspect wheel cylinders and axle seals.
- Check parking brake operation.
- Test for proper ABS system operation.
- Flush brake fluid every 2 years.
- Inspect belts and hoses.
- Check for vacuum and fuel leaks.
- Inspect ignition cables and engine wiring.
- Change engine oil and filter and replace the air filter.
- Replace spark plugs if required.
- Replace timing belt if required.
- Adjust valves.
- Inspect drive axles for damage.
- Check transmission for leaks.
- Service transfer case fluid if installed.
- Service differential if installed.
- Flush auto transmission fluid.
- Service transmission filter.
- Check for condition and leaks.
- Make sure heat shields are in place.
- Inspect the muffler, exhaust and flex pipes.
- Inspect the exhaust system mounts.
- Check condition and advise the customer.
- Check for uneven wear patterns which could indicate a steering or suspension problem.
- Rotate the tires if necessary.
- Check and inflate tires to manufacturer-recommended specifications.
- Reset tire pressure monitor warning light if applicable.
- Check for damaged or loose shields and shrouds.
- Check operation of seat belts and SRS system.
- Lubricate hinges and door latches.
- Inspect hoses and belts and check system for signs of leaks.
- Flush cooling system every 2 years as required by manufacturer.
Air Conditioning System:
- Check for proper operation of blowers.
- Check for proper operation of AC and heater.
- Replace cabin air filter if equipped.
Check Computer System:
- Scan computers for trouble codes and check manufacturer database for any recall information.
*Note: Checklist may vary depending on your vehicle make and model. Always consult your owner's manual for your specific vehicle.
We feel that by providing you a thorough 90K miles maintenance service, we can keep your car running at its best for many years to come. Why take a chance anywhere else? Bring your car to GIC Car Clinic and have our expert mechanics inspect it today.
Got Questions? Send us an Email